Welcome to another issue of Royal Life, with the wonderful news that Prince George is to have a new brother or sister! Great news for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and for all family, friends, fans and followers of this most down to earth and likeable of royal couples.
Meanwhile, for anyone who has wondered what life might be like growing up in the Royal Family, the Royal Childhood Exhibition currently on display at Buckingham Palace is the opportunity to find out. On display are clothes, toys and furniture from the 18th century to the present day, including a doll’s house originally made for King George III’s daughters, dating from the 1770s, and the huge collection of toy horses that our future Queen liked to stable when she was a child! You will find a feature on the exhibition in this very issue, along with the chance to win a superb souvenir album produced in conjunction with the Buckingham Palace exhibition by The Royal Collection.
Last issue we reported on the historic commemorations for the D-Day landings in Normandy during World War II. Our royals have since been paying tribute to those who gave their lives in an earlier conflict, remembering the centenary of the beginning of World War 1. We report on the many moving ceremonies to commemorate this that have taken place both in Britain and abroad.
You will also find great features on the history of Kensington Palace, the Commonwealth Games in Scotland, and Prince Harry’s tour of Brazil and Chile – as well as Prince Charles and Camilla celebrating our Great British rural heritage in the UK. We hope you enjoy this issue.
Included in this issue:
– Latest Royal News
– Looking Back on a Busy First Year: Birthday Celebrations for Prince George
– The Young Royals at Play: Royal Childhood Memories Go On Show
– A Celebration of Sporting Excellence: The Royal Family at the Commonwealth Games
– Meet The Royal Warrant Holders: Turnbull & Asser
– A Young Royal on Tour: Prince Harry in South America
– Wales and the West Country Tour: On Tour with Prince Charles and Camilla
– One Hundred Year’s On… Remembering The Great War
– Discovering a Royal Residence: London’s Other Royal Residence, Kensington Palace
To get all the latest Royal news delivered straight to your door, why not subscribe to Royal Life Magazine today.