The Duke and Duchess Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary
Today The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are celebrating their 10th Wedding Anniversary!
Prince William and Catherine Middleton were married on the 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey, London, in front of their 1,900 guests.
To mark the occasion, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have released two new images, taken earlier this week at Kensington Palace by photographer Chris Floyd. The first image is above and the second can be seen below.
The BBC will also be taking a look back at the special day, with Royal Wedding: A Day to Remember, which will broadcast on BBC 1 at 19:30 pm BST on the 30th April 2021.
In the meantime, you can once again enjoy the romance and grandeur of the special occasion – in full – via the video below, along with a few fun royal wedding facts…
– Prince William and Catherine Middleton were engaged in October 2010, while on a private holiday in Kenya.
– Around 1,900 people attended the wedding ceremony at Westminster Abbey; with approximately 600 people being invited to the luncheon reception at Buckingham Palace, hosted by the Queen; and finally, about 300 people attended the evening dinner hosted by the Prince of Wales.
– Around 5,500 applications were submitted to hold royal wedding street parties across England and Wales, including 850 in London. Prime Minister David Cameron hosted one such party in Downing Street for charity workers and local children.
– The menu for the reception remained a secret for several years until a copy of the menu was sold at auction. It included appetizers of South Uist salmon, Lyme Bay crab and Hebridean langoustines, followed by North Highland organic lamb with spring vegetables, English asparagus and Jersey Royal potatoes. Berkshire honey ice cream, sherry trifle and chocolate parfait with a glass of Rose champagne, made up the desserts.
– Following the reception, Prince William drove his new wife back up the Mall to Clarence House. The car, a blue, two seat Aston Martin DB6 Volante (MkII convertible), was decorated in the customary newlywed style by the best man and friends; the rear number plate read “JU5T WED”
Please join us in congratulating the happy couple!
Have a lovely day,
The Royal Life Team
Thank you to everyone for the kind messages on our wedding anniversary. We are enormously grateful for the 10 years of support we have received in our lives as a family. W & C— The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (@KensingtonRoyal) April 29, 2021
📹 @will_warr pic.twitter.com/eWNw1E8FLB