Hello and welcome to another great issue of Royal Life, though one that is also somewhat sombre in places because we report on the funeral of Prince Philip, a truly fine man who was the Queen’s ‘rock’ as they say in today’s parlance for 73 years of marriage.
In fact, she was just 13 when she first set eyes on him in 1939 and, at least from the young Princess Elizabeth’s point of view, it was love at first sight. She must be feeling incredibly sad right now, but being the amazing person she is, one so devoted to the service of her country and indeed her commonwealth, she has already returned to public duties as you will see from some of the news pieces in this very issue.
We also meet Royal Warrant Holders – John Smedley, a Derbyshire company that produces the finest knitwear in the world, and give readers the opportunity to WIN 1 of 5 copies of The Queen, written by acclaimed author Matthew Dennison.
And take a 1,000 year stroll through the oldest castle in the world, Windsor Castle…
Included in this issue:
- Royal News
- Farewell to a True Hero: The Funeral of The Duke of Edinburgh
- Competition: The Queen
- Rekindling Happy Memories: A Royal Visit to Scotland
- Prince Charles and Camilla: Celebrating 100 Years of Northern Ireland
- Meet Royal Warrant Holders: John Smedley (Competition)
- Windsor Castle: 1,000 Years of Royal History